Are you an entrepreneur at heart? Are you passionate about product & merchandising and not scared of a challenge? Are you motivated by solving social and environmental challenges? If so, look no further. We recently opened a San Clemente, CA office that primarily focuses on product design, development, and sales for our partners, and our owned and licensed brands. We are experiencing rapid growth and are looking for a motivated and experienced Merchandising Manager who is ready to lead our product line planning across brands.
Founded in 2017, FutureStitch, Inc. is a leading global textile and technology company founded by Taylor Shupe. FutureStitch’s main purpose is to create premium knitted products through a business model that promotes social and environmental consciousness. In a continued mission to revolutionize the archaic knitwear manufacturing industry, in 2018, FutureStitch opened an industry-leading facility with unmatched design services and rapid time-to-market capabilities. In 2020, the FutureStitch factory located outside Shanghai, China received the highest LEED Platinum Certification for energy efficiency and environmental responsibility at every level of operation. FutureStitch’s brand portfolio includes Stance China LTD, InStitches Inc., and BooSocki LLC; and is the contract manufacturer of Crocs Socks, Stance Socks, Yeezy Socks, and licensee of TOMS Socks worldwide.
The Merchandising Manager will conduct consumer insights and data analysis resulting in planning & developing merchandising strategies that get the right product in the right place at the right time, quantity and price.
· Plan and develop merchandising strategies that balance customers’ expectations and company’s objectives.
· Partner with internal and external brands to deliver seasonal line plans that fulfill each brand’s revenue, consumer and distribution needs. Leverage key insights and data analysis to inform line architecture and key product line decisions.
· Establish and maintain database of current industry, brand and sales insights to include:
· Research and analyze data and other category-related information to identify trends, category performance, competitive threats, opportunities and other information to support business decisions.
· Understand the market for competitive products and provide a regularly updated competitive landscape by brand. Conduct in-season and post-season selling analysis and provide key learnings and recommendations to our team.
· Analyze inventory and sales across all brands to help with decision-making on future product collections.
· Establish and maintain master style database for all brands, including seasonal upload and maintenance of all styles to ERP system.
· Design and execute quantitative and qualitative studies. Gather consumer insights to drive strategy and decision-making process.
· Generate hypotheses about the product through strong consideration of our customers, data and FS.
· Merchandising line forecasting: using key data, market trends, and consumer insights, provide a suggested product positioning for brand's sock category with attention to the product demand. Use these same key points to guide the line development of each brand.
· Present the suggested line with attention to: pricing, visual display assortment, product information and inventory levels.
· Closely collaborate with design and product development. Participate in discussion of factory capacity and ensuring that the product assortment fits within our constraints.
1. Q3 2021 – Establish merchandising and line plan process for existing brands as well as prospective brands
2. Q3 2021 – Establish database of current FS and competitor's product offering
3. Q3 2021 – Establish data tracking system of comparing sell-in with sell-through data
4. Q3 2021 – Analyze existing brand assortments and provide recommended assortments
5. Q4 2021 – Plan merchandise strategy for all FS brands based off competitive analysis
6. Q4 2021 – Prepare merchandising line plan for Crocs Q4 2022, TOMS Q1 2023, InStitches Q2 2022
· SKU productivity
· Gross margin
· FS Net Sales & Brand Sell through
· SKU Efficiency & Assortment optimization
· Pricing optimization
· Placement & design optimization
· Brand/Partner satisfaction
· Hypothesis accuracy
• Analytical – Strength in analyzing data or information; Can identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts in a clear and concise manner.
• Critical Thinker – Capable of sound judgment and decision making, including how to estimate and analyze the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Curiosity – Is intrigued by problems and wants to find unique solutions. Capable of using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Detail Oriented – Makes a conscious effort to understand causes instead of only effects.
• Entrepreneurial – Passion for learning and for continuous improvement. Sets initiatives and assumes tolerable levels of risk without constant direction or leadership; a self-starter.
• Driven – A track record of excellence in everything you do. Consistently under-commits and over-delivers on expectations.
• Empathetic – Humble in communication and treatment of others. Identifies with the needs and problems of our customers and leads with conviction.
• Strategic – Sets vision and creates long-term goals to achieve it.
• Multi-tasker – Ability to work on multiple brands and shift merchandising approach by brand based on consumer type.
• Objective – Will provide recommendations off of facts and not influenced by personal opinions.
Experience & Requirements
· Expert in Microsoft Excel and data analysis
· Strong math and analytical skills; able to compile and organize statistical information gathered
· 3+ years of relevant analytical experience with strong merchandise profitability understanding in the apparel field.
· Education: 4 Year College Degree in a related field required (Data Analytics or closely-related quantitative field is a plus)
· Ability to work with confidential information of a privately held company.
· Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of staff and management.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Proficiency in PowerPoint
· Experience using CIN7, NPD and any BI software is a plus.
· Experience creating dashboards
· Familiarity with quantitative, qualitative research and statistical techniques.