Zumiez is looking for a Technical and Operations Manager for our new DTG Print Shop in SoCal! If you’ve worked with Kornit machines, we’re looking for your resume! This role will oversee the production team and also ensure all technical aspects of the Shop are maintained and properly functioning. The Technical and Operations Manager will have a team of 8-10 direct reports to start, with more as the operation grows with your guidance and leadership.Zumiez offers a fun environment where competitive, energetic, committed, aggressive people can thrive and build a rewarding career! We also provide a space where individuals can grow and challenge themselves to succeed, learn, teach, compete, and have fun in new ways. The Zumiez DTG Print Shop in Corona, CA is the newest addition to the Zumiez family and you would be integral in its success in this role.
Ideally, you’ll have both a proclivity for teaching and that certain something that says leader while being very familiar with the Kornit DTG ecosystem. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate!
The DTG Technical and Operational Manager recruits, trains and evaluates one or more the operational teams and ensures all equipment is maintained and up-to-date within the Direct-to-Garment (DTG) Print shop. This includes managing to the weekly, monthly and annual operational standards, meeting or exceeding budgetary goals and executing projects that support company strategies. This role interacts with other stakeholders throughout the organization and is key player in the continuous improvement of DTG process.
JOB DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recruit, lead and teach operations team(s) to enhance performance, increase profitability and develop team members personally and professionally.
• Oversees training of staff by creating, implementing, tracking and enforcing of department standard operating procedures.
• Develop and implement department cycle and annual goals for productivity, people development and cost controls.
• Manage to meet and exceed to department(s) key performance indicators for speed, accuracy, cost effectiveness and printing machine uptime through continuous improvement and machine maintenance.
• Create annual maintenance and supplies budget with regular updates to control costs.
• Creates and executes routine preventative maintenance on all machinery, including all DTG printing, pad printing and curing equipment with a combination of in house and outside technical resources.
• Troubleshoots DTG machinery related issues and effectively administers break fix diagnostics internally or with assistance of outside technical resources in timely manner.
• Creates and manages staff work schedules, assignments, and overtime to meet weekly and monthly production goals
• Proactively identifies opportunities and risks within each work area and develops action plans to maximize results
• Researches and makes recommendations regarding new technology and how its implementation would further develop DTG operations/throughput
• Manages spare parts inventory, printing supplies, and ink/fluids through vendor relationships
• Execute and manage projects that support company strategies and department initiatives.
• Identify opportunities in process, people and policy and work with stakeholders to align and create solutions.
• Enforce the safety program and ensure all policies are followed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.