The Controller will be responsible for the control framework of the company while managing day to day accounting, accounts receivables and accounts payable. Those duties include having a hands-on approach in the month/quarter/year-end close, financial statement preparation & consolidation, account analysis, handle tax compliance and statutory reporting. The Controller will also manage Treasury ensuring the company can meet its cash obligations by working with the CEO & CFO to assess short term and long-term funding requirements.
1. Entrepreneurial – Passion for learning and for continuous improvement. Sets initiatives and assumes tolerable levels of risk without constant direction or leadership.
2. Driven – A track record of excellence in everything you do. Consistently under-commits and over-delivers on expectations.
3. Detail Oriented – Makes a conscious effort to understand causes instead of only effects. High accuracy rate of information with very little error.
4. Empathetic – Humble in communication and treatment of others. Identifies with the needs and problems of our customers and leads with conviction.
5. Strategic – Sets vision and creates long-term goals to achieve it.
• Assuring the compliance with the Global Control framework, internal policies, external accounting standards, Sarbanes Oxley.
• Risk management and mitigating actions.
• The oversight of all accounting activities, including but not limited to, journal entries, account and bank reconciliations, month/quarter and year-end close process, financial reporting, intercompany alignment, etc.
• Account Receivables management, credit control, disputes and Days Outstanding efficiencies.
• Accounts Payables management, accrual control and process automation.
• Tax compliance, sales and income tax reporting.
• Managing financial system integrity and consistency.
• Work with the HR team for accurate and efficient payroll processing.
• Delivering the required Financial Flexibility to support business expansion by securing that short and long-term funding plans are aligned with business objectives.
• Business Partnering the cross-functional teams to providing actionable insights to help drive optimal business decisions, unlock supply chain value and track savings.
• Direct the preparation of regular and special budgets and related reports, to include annual and monthly opex and capex budgets.
• Seeking process improvements to drive efficiencies and savings
• Ensuring that the company's financial management principles, policies, and programs are consistently practiced while improving the effectiveness of these practices.
• Performing a variety of other tasks as assigned by management.
1. Q4 2020 – establish all systems & processes and implement with respective businesses
2. Q2 2021 – build financial reporting templates for financial budgets, cash flow projections, P&Ls, performance marketing returns
3. Q3 2021 – in conjunction to our Chairman, CFO and GMs, finalize budgets for all business verticals.
4. Q3 2021 – create cash flow projections for all US operating units
5. Q4 2021 – create financial plans for each vertical to achieve and remain profitable
• Business profitability
• Information accuracy rate
• Cash on hand
• Fundamental knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data including sound understanding of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Knowledgeable about computer hardware and software, including applications and programming available and commonly used in Accounting, Budgeting and Financial Analysis. Be familiar with ERP systems, especially the financial component is a must. Knowledge or experience in supply chain is a plus.
• Capable of using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Capable of sound judgment and decision making, including how to estimate and analyze the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Able to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
• Understands basic systems Analysis – Can determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Capable of complex problem solving -- Can identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions including the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules.
• Strength in analyzing data or information – Can identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Committed to keep up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Manage all accounting operations including A/P, A/R, GL, Inventory Accounting and Reporting
• Perform cash management function along with preparation of the statement of cashflow
• Negotiate lines of credit, vendor agreements an all financial contracts
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and additional management reporting
• Manage month-end and year-end close process
• Establish financial controls framework including Table of Authority to ensure control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage external audits
• Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Guide accounting decisions by maintaining business processes and accounting policies always looking for improvements