Fast Five - Thousand Bike Helmets
February 19, 2019
Thousand is a helmet company with a great story to tell. Co-Founder Gloria Hwang lost a friend in a fatal bicycle accident and was inspired to create Thousand as a brand that makes very cleanly designed, functional (check the secret poplock feature), and safe helmets. Headquartered in DTLA the company is quickly growing up.
1. Thousand was founded in December 2015 by Gloria Hwang and Amar Patel who worked at TOMS Shoes together.
2. Thousand’s approach to design is to make a product that’s so good looking you want to use it as well as being very functionally safe
3. A secret poplock, magnetic buckle, vegan leather straps, and keen venting are a few of the design features that make Thousand helmets stand out.
4. Thousand is focused on sustainable and low impact business practices that come through in mindful supply chain practices, shippable product packaging, a carbon offset practice, and more.
5. The company has worldwide retail distribution and a healthy direct to consumer business.