FAST FIVE - Slowtide
All of a sudden you see it and think, “that’s a great idea” and then the rest unfolds. Many great brands have been born out of bringing something fresh to an existing product category with nothing exciting happening in it. Slowtide did it with the beach towel as it’s cornerstone and inside of it’s short 4 year history the company has already expanded it’s product line into the yoga market.
1. Slowtide was founded in 2015 by 3 very experienced and successful people from the surf & skate industries.
2. After perfecting it’s beach towel Slowtide launched blankets (Pendleton is proof there’s a huge market in premium blankets) ponchos (great for changing), bath towels, fitness towels and yoga mat covers.
3. Slowtide’s yoga mat covers are made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials (80% Recycled Polyester, 20% Recycled Polyamide).
4. They’ve done some great collaborations including the Grateful Dead.
5. Slowtide’s website does not have a retailer store locator (is that a sign of the company’s direct-to-consumer philosophy?)