Fast Five - Velofix
Back in 2013, three people came together with a good idea and went for it. They created a franchise business called Velofix (you can own one of their franchises), which is now the largest fleet of mobile bike shops in North America. Founded in Canada, Velofix just closed a financing round with MKB Partners Fund LP, a growth equity fund focused on the clean energy, transportation, and smart city sectors. Check out this Fast Five.
1. The bike industry is becoming more and more Direct-To-Consumer focused. Velofix showed up just before that started really happening, back in 2013, and positioned itself to take over the service shop business and make it way easier for people to have their bikes serviced.
2. Velofix now has coverage in 5 Canadian provinces and 29 U.S. states.
3. Velofix has added an “order bike and build service” so you can have your bike shipped to them and built and delivered. How sick is that?! Check it here. https://www.velofix.com/velofix-direct/
4. You can have a turnkey business of your own at a good start up cost. https://www.velofix.com/start-a-franchise/
5. The company’s U.S. headquarters is in Austin, Texas and it’s a great career opportunity.