Fast Five - Malbon Golf
There’s a lot of interest around the golf market right now. A wide variety of lifestyle-driven brands (apparel, footwear, accessories) are taking a keen interest in golf and looking to grab some market share. No brand is doing a better job of disrupting the status-quo in what’s happening in golf than Malbon Golf. Check this Fast Five.
1. Founder Stephen Malbon is also the man behind legendary street zine Frank151.
2. Malbon’s brand positioning, on-trend product line, and use of / choice of graphics is creating trend in golf that others will end up following.
3. The list of influencers and brand collaborators that support Malbon Golf seems limitless and is stacked with the biggest names in sports and entertainment.
4. The company’s flagship retail is an epicenter of activity and brings out the who’s who of the PGA pro tour (you should see it during the Riviera tournament) and is a model of how to activate a brand at retail. To take it a step further the Malbon Golf Club was created as an invite-only golf and social club. The MGC hosts tournaments that cater to professional athletes, entertainers, artists and creatives alike.
5. Founded in 2017, it will be exciting to see how long it brings excitement and inspiration into the market.