Fast Five – Making it Through The ‘Rona
This crisis we’re dealing with is tough on everyone. With no easy way around it, the only thing we can do is figure out how to hunker down and weather it out. Business will start booming again when it dies down, jobs will come back, and life will return to normal. Making it to that point is what we all need to be focused on and that’s what this Fast Five is dedicated to. You might already have thought of these things and maybe there are some new ideas for you.
1. If you lost your job, file for unemployment ASAP. Checks don’t come right away.
2. Ask for forbearance wherever you can. Call the mortgage company, student loan company, credit card company, and any other company you make a regular payment to and ask what programs they have available. Relieving yourself of these payments for a bit helps you hold onto your cash, and cash is king and keeping the roof over your head is everything.
3. If you rent, call the landlord and ask for rent reduction.
4. Keep your mind healthy and active. Work out, get dressed, treat it like a week day.
5. Take this time to make new business connections, discover companies, and opportunities so you can be ready to pounce on them when it does come back.