Five Ways to Stay Busy
April 21, 2020
We are closer to the finish line than we are to the start but the days are still long. Finding healthy activity is invaluable for maintaining mental and physical fitness. We all need to be ready to get back in the game when the curtain is lifted. Here are five ideas that can help you and people you know.
1. Share your voice. If you have a friend or family member you haven’t heard from for a while, pick up the phone and say hello. 30 seconds or 30 minutes, they’ll both make a difference.
2. Hold a strategy meeting – on anything. Think of a topic to discuss / something you want to accomplish, put down 3 ideas to achieve it, and then call someone to hack it up with you. It could be really simple, like a plan of attack at the grocery store, or more complicated like buying an investment property, or critically important like having a productive job search. Let it be fun. If you struggle coming up with actionable ideas go the other route and use absolutely ridiculous ideas. Maybe your strategy partners will get a kick out of it.
3. Keep a list of to-dos. It’s nice to have something to fall back on if the wheels in your mind start spinning and you need something to ground you. A combo of fun things and practical things to do creates a good balance and makes it so that it’s not tedious to think about it. Keep it fun, useful, and light.
4. Read. It’s actually good. If you can find something your mind will really sink into the visual story in your head can take you on a trip. Biographies, interviews with people you admire, science fiction, novels, crime stories, whatever it is that floats your boat. You don’t need to spend all day doing it. Whatever you can bargain with yourself to do is good. Make a deal with you – 15 minutes of reading and you can have 5 hours of…
5. Plan a vacation! How fun is that. You don’t have to go right away. You don’t even have to go. But it can be really fun researching flights, places to stay, things to do, people to bring with you. I know where I’d go and who I’d bring, that’s for sure. Might be a while before I can pull it off but it’s free to dream