Fast Five Ways to Get Active Now
May 5, 2020
There’s no stopping the tide from coming in or out and there’s no stopping our economy from opening back up. While we sit and hope to be back into normal life by the end of this month, here are five ways to help fire up your internal engine to get ready to party! Party in the sense of being able to go to work, be productive, enjoy getting out on the weekend. That kinda party.
1. Talk to the people you work with or did work with. If you’ve been actively talking to your best buds at work, that’s great. But now it’s time to take it out one more circle and talk to someone new. It’ll be good for both of you. There are ideas, inspiration, and motivation inside of that convo.
2. Make sure your profile is up to date – we’re pushing employers into the site to hunt people down now for when it’s time to hire later.
3. Make a couple new connections – head to Malakye, and search for people by job title (think of who you’d work for or who you’d want to hire) and search by company name. If you’re looking to get into a new company making a new connection to find out about insider info, the interview process, and all that is gold.
4. Stay up on news relevant to your job and industry. Read the headline or whole article. Both will help create engagement in your work.
5. Find a book that’s easy daily read and makes you feel good. The Obstacle Is The Way is one. Chapters are about 7 pages and are a breeze to read. 1 or 2 chapters a day is like an apple a day. Easy read and helped Rory Mcllroy become the #1 golfer in the world.
6. Bonus – if you go to the grocery store and there’s someone handing out baskets / carts don’t forget to say “thanks”. It’ll make that person’s day and yours.