TECH: Skullcandy Launches the Ultimate Surf, Skate & Snow iPhone Application
October 21, 2009
Skullcandy Launches the Ultimate Surf, Skate & Snow iPhone Application
New skullcandy app enables its fans faster access to the lifestyle they love
With the touch of a finger, iPhone users can now get the latest surf report or snow conditions, find a skate park, and listen to free streaming music. Launched today, the Skullcandy iPhone app is an extension of the Skullcandy lifestyle. The first iPhone app to give board sport fanatics faster access to everything they crave.
By forming partnerships with Surfline.com, OnTheSnow.com, trueAnthem and Episodic, the Skullcandy iPhone app has the following features:
- Surf reports so you know when and where to rip
- Up to the minute snow reports plus a 5 day forecast
- A skate park finder for nomads who have to try them all
- Free music player chock full of Skullcandy-approved tracks
- Video from Skullcandy TV loaded with shorts featuring Skullcandy athletes and musicians
- For those who want it all, a dealer locator feature will find the nearest shop for instant gratification
- A mobile Skullcandy store that allows you to buy new headphones, backpacks or other Skullcandy gear
- A fresh selection of downloadable wallpapers designed by Skullcandy fans that allow users to defy genericism
- Access to all Skullcandy happenings through the Skullcandy blog
“Skullcandy has always been about making the action sports lifestyle better. Our free app is just another reflection of that. We hoped that if we built something we loved, our fans would love it too,” said Dan Levine, VP of Creative at Skullcandy. “We’re honored that this group of partners came together to help us build it.”
More features will continue to roll out. The Skullcandy App is free and is available starting today in the iTunes store. Enjoy.
Find out more about the Skullcandy iPhone application by visiting www.skullcandy.com/iPhone-app.