B$Z: project Blue and American Express Partner on E-Card
project Blue and American Express Partner on E-Card
NEW PROJECT BLUE E-CARDS MAKE IT EASY FOR SURFERS TO SUGGEST GIFTS THEY WANT THAT ALSO GIVE BACK TO THE ENVIRONMENT
For surfers and other beach lovers, project BLUE is once again making it easy to suggest to their family and friends great gifts ideas for this holiday season that help preserve our oceans and beaches. Beginning November 27, project BLUE is re-launching their "All I want for the holidays is a clean ocean" e-card site, which allows users to create a custom e-card to send to friends and family that can be customized to showcase multiple gift ideas from the project BLUE lineup. The e-card can be accessed from the homepage of the project BLUE site or by going to http://betruetoblue.com/card/
project BLUE is a collaboration between leading brands in surf industry that have come together to create a line of special-edition, co-branded merchandise where a part of the proceeds go to the non-profit Surfrider Foundation. A key feature of this year’s “All I want…” promotion is a new partnership with American Express. As a part of their support for project BLUE, American Express will donate $5 per transaction, up to $10,000, to the Surfrider Foundation each time any American Express® Card is used to purchase products on Swell.com between November 27 and December 31, 2009.
The partner brands involved in project BLUE are some of the leaders in the surf industry, including Billabong, DAKINE, Electric, Famous Wax, Nixon, O'Neill and Reef. Each partner has each created multiple products for the initiative, which are available at leading surf shops nationwide and online through Swell.com, project BLUE’s official online retail partner.
With a diverse product line, the project BLUE initiative gives surfers and beach lovers an easy way to plug into a great environmental mission almost any time they need to upgrade or replace their beach gear.
Current products from the project BLUE partner brands include:
• Billabong: Boardshorts for men and women, constructed from Billabong’s Eco-Supreme Suede fabric, a material comprise from recycled PET bottles.
• DAKINE: The backpacks for both men and women, made from 100% recycled plastic bottles. Each pack features surf-specific elements, such as a seam sealed wetsuit pocket, insulated cooler pocket and other organizer sections.
• Electric: All of Electric’s polarized sunglasses will fall under the project BLUE initiative in 2009. They’re be shipped in packaging made from recycled materials, with printing that uses soy based inks.
• Nixon: Four different watches, for men and women, with innovative features such as tide charts/ranges, in addition to unique crown placements ideal for athletic use.
• Famous Wax: Famous’ petro-chemical free Green Label surf wax, along with professional surfer Timmy Curran’s Eco-Timmy traction pad, made from 40 percent recycled foam.
• O’Neill: Each season O’Neill releases a new collection of project BLUE specific t-shirts each season. The shirts are incredibly soft to the touch, made from organic cotton and printed using soy based inks.
• Reef: The Redemption Fanning sandal, which incorporates recycled car tires and features a bottle opener integrated into the sole, as well as the NWS which utilizes an innovative construction method that minimizes waste in the sandal production process.
The new “All I want for the holidays is a clean ocean” site is optimized to work with Facebook, MySpace, and other similar sites, so social network fiends can subtly indicate to their hundreds of friends their desire to receive project BLUE merchandise with just the click of a mouse. The project BLUE “All I want for the holidays” site will remain active until December 31, 2009.
About project BLUE
project BLUE is an unprecedented collaboration of leading and competitive brands in the multi-billion dollar surf industry. Each of the project BLUE product partners has created special edition merchandise specifically for the initiative, with a portion of the proceeds from each sale going towards the non-profit Surfrider Foundation. Billabong, DAKINE, Electric, Famous Wax, Nixon, O’Neill and Reef have all pledged their long-term support for the program. American Express lends support to the initiative as the official payments sponsor.
project BLUE products can be found worldwide at leading surf retailers and online at www.Swell.com. More information on project BLUE and its partners can be found at www.betruetoblue.com or by following it on Twitter @betruetoblue.