EVENT: group Y Announces Action Sports Conference 2010
group Y Announces Action Sports Conference 2010
Industry Leading Youth Marketing Event to Bring Together Diverse Group of Marketers During the US Open of Surfing in August
group Y is excited to formally announce the Action Sports Conference 2010 presented by FUEL TV, the latest installment of the multi-level youth marketing event, on August 3, 2010. Held across the street from the US Open of Surfing, America’s largest and most-renowned surfing and action sports event, the Action Sports Conference will bring together a diverse group of youth marketing influencers for a day-long experience filled with case studies, intimate round table discussions and networking.
group Y is the premier action sports and youth marketing networking group, comprised of a who’s who of marketers from the culturally prevalent world of action sports. Constantly evolving, the influence of action sports on mainstream culture has become increasingly apparent. From the hats on Snoop Dogg’s head during the NBA finals, to the excitement that snowboarding brings to the Winter Olympics, the imprint lifestyle brands tied to action sports culture continues to expand and define popular culture.
This edition of the Action Sports Conference will take place at the Hilton Waterfront Beach Hotel in Huntington Beach, CA. A notable list of speakers has already confirmed participation, including:
• Aaron Levant - Co-Founder & President, Agenda Show
• Alyssa Roenigk - Senior Writer, ESPN
• Bryan Johnston - Chief Marketing Officer, UFC
• Bryce Phillips - Founder, EVO
• Dayan Henson - Chairman, V.A.S. Entertainment
• DJ Greyboy
• Doug Palladini – Vice President of Marketing, Vans
• Dustin Robertson - Chief Marketing Officer, Backcountry.com
• James Leitz - Senior Vice President Action Sports, IMG
• Jeff Tremaine - Director & Executive Producer, Dickhouse Entertainment
• Keith Hufnagel - Professional Skateboarder & Founder, HUF
• Kenny Mitchell - Sports Marketing, Gatorade
• Paul Gomez – Senior Vice President Global Branding, Hurley
• Phil Shalala - Vice President of Marketing & Chief Marketing Officer, Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas
• Sal Masekela - Host of ESPN X Games, Daily 10 & Producer, Berkela Films
• Shon Tomlin - Senior Vice President Programming & Marketing, FUEL TV
• Steve Caballero - Professional Skateboarder
• Steve Larosiliere - Founder & Executive Director, Stoked Mentoring
• Steven Astephen - Principal of Action Sports Management, Wasserman Media Group
• Tim McFerran - President, Maloof Money Cup
• Tim Swart - Founder, UNIV
Registration for the Action Sports Conference prior to July 20th is $350 and special rates will be available for IASC members, Transworld Business subscribers and college students. Additional details on speakers and topics will be announced soon and updated on www.actionsportsconference.com.
While statistics cite that participants in action sports represent well more than 15 million people, with spending extending into the double-digit billions, these consumers are a notoriously fickle, difficult to reach audience. The Action Sports Conference will serve as a platform for the benefit of both endemic industry marketers and their counterparts from outside the action sports world. Representatives from action sports brands will have the opportunity to learn about best practices and reconnect with colleagues in a different setting than the typical trade show or event experience. Attendees representing brands from outside the industry will have the opportunity to learn and network with fellow marketers who have key insights to this desirable audience.
The Action Sports Conference 2010 is presented by FUEL TV. Additional support for the Action Sports Conference is being provided by Transworld Business, Getty Images, ChopShop, ASR, Tadpole Marketing, Venu Interactive, IASC, Ypulse and BB Public Relations.
More details and information on the Action Sports Conference can be found online at www.actionsportsconference.com.