EVENT: "Who's Who" List of Confirmed Speakers for ASC
EVENT: "Who’s Who" List of Confirmed Speakers for ASC
group Y’s Leading Youth Marketing Event Brings A Who’s Who of Youth Marketers and Cultural Influencers
group Y’s Action Sports Conference 2010 (www.actionsportsconference.com), presented by FUEL TV, continues to build momentum as the attending speakers and discussion topics are finalized. Taking place on August 3, 2010, the Action Sports Conference will bring together a diverse group of youth marketers, cultural influencers and interested parties for networking and panel discussions focused on the influential action sports industry. Speakers at the event will include VP level executives from action sports brands, internationally recognized professional skateboarders, athlete managers, brand founders and journalists entrenched in the world’s of skate, snow, surf and motocross.
With a dynamically shifting landscape of heroes and events, the action sports world continues to have a growing footprint on popular culture. Its participants are sought after for promoting everything from performance cars to fast food, in addition to becoming staples on reality TV, late-night talk shows and Olympic podiums. As an industry with more than 15 million participants and buying power in the double-digit billions, not including non-participants who are interested in emulating the lifestyle, opportunities are boundless for mainstream brands looking to join forces with the action sports world for the benefit of all involved.
While the action sports participant tends to be very influential, they’re also notoriously fickle in their tastes and acceptance of non-endemic brands looking to target them. Supposedly great boardroom ideas can become fodder for biting, brand manager cringing, online commentary overnight. The Action Sports Conference not only serves non-endemic marketers with a way to network with action sports insiders, but also as a learning scenario to help them in developing better programs when targeting this desirable audience.
This edition of the Action Sports Conference will take place at the Hilton Waterfront Beach Hotel in Huntington Beach, CA, across the street from the US Open of Surfing. The confirmed speaker list includes:
- Aaron Levant - Co-Founder & President, Agenda Show
- Alyssa Roenigk - Senior Writer, ESPN
- Ashley Fiolek - Professional Women’s Motocross Racer
- Bobby Hundreds – Co-Founder & Creative Director, The Hundreds
- Bryan Johnston - Chief Marketing Officer, UFC
- Bryce Phillips - Founder, EVO
- CJ Olivares - General Manager, FUEL TV
- Dayan Henson - Chairman, V.A.S. Entertainment
- DJ Greyboy
- Doug Palladini - Vice President of Marketing, Vans
- Dustin Robertson - Chief Marketing Officer, Backcountry.com
- Grete Eliassen - Professional FreeSkier
- Issa Sawabini – Partner, Fuse
- James Leitz - Senior Vice President Action Sports, IMG
- Jeff Tremaine - Director & Executive Producer, Dickhouse Entertainment
- Josh Hunter – Editor-in-Chief, Transworld Business
- Keith Hufnagel - Professional Skateboarder & Founder, HUF
- Nick Sargent - Director of Alliances at Burton Snowboards
- Mike Lewis - Managing Editor, Transworld Business
- Paul Gomez – Senior Vice President Global Branding, Hurley
- Phil Shalala - Vice President of Marketing & Chief Marketing Officer, Hard
Rock Hotel Las Vegas
- Sal Masekela - Host of ESPN X Games, Daily 10 & Producer, Berkela
- Shon Tomlin - Senior Vice President Programming & Marketing, FUEL TV
- Steve Caballero - Professional Skateboarder
- Steve Larosiliere - Founder & Executive Director, Stoked Mentoring
- Steven Astephen - Principal of Action Sports Management, Wasserman
- Tim McFerran - President, Maloof Money Cup
- Tim Swart - Founder, UNIV
- Tina Dixon - TV Announcer and former Professional Snowboarder
- Todd Richards - Professional Snowboarder, TV Announcer, Co-Founder O-Matic
- Wade Martin - President & CEO, Alli, the Alliance of Action Sports
Registration for the Action Sports Conference is $350 and special rates will be available for IASC members, Transworld Business subscribers and college students.
The Action Sports Conference 2010 is presented by FUEL TV. Additional support for the Action Sports Conference is being provided by Transworld Business, Getty Images, ChopShop, ASR, Loeb & Loeb, Agenda Show, Luce Forward, Tadpole Marketing, Venu Interactive, IASC, Ypulse, Stoked Mentoring, Athlete Relief Fund (ARF) and BB Public Relations.
Additional details on speakers and topics can be found online at www.actionsportsconference.com.
About FUEL TV
FUEL TV is the action sports lifestyle network for skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, BMX, motocross, and wakeboarding. Through its original and commissioned series and specials, short-form content, films, and prestigious event coverage, the channel features action sports athletes, emerging musicians, celebrities, and breaking news. FUEL TV was launched July 1, 2003 and is seen in more than 30 million U.S. homes. FUEL TV programming is available in more than 50 countries around the world with 24/7 channels operating in Australia and Europe. To subscribe to FUEL TV, call 877-4-FUEL-TV. For program times and other information, visit www.fuel.tv.
About group Y
Founded in 2006, group Y is the original collective of professionals focused on Action Sports, Youth Marketing, and Entertainment. Based in Southern California with a growing national reach, group Y boasts an active membership of the best and brightest these industries have to offer. Sharing insights from key decision makers at key brands, past speakers have included experts from companies such as Quiksilver, Burton, Oakley, Target, FUEL TV, and ESPN. Through monthly events, the annual Action Sports Conference, member outreach and online properties, group Y takes the work out of strategic networking and strengthens our entire industry in the process. More information on group Y can be found online at www.groupYnetwork.com.