EVENT: LA Skate Film Festival Nominees Announced
The LA Skate Film Festival Has Announced The Nominees For Its 1st Annual Event That Will Be Held August 31st & September 1st, 2010, In Downtown LA.
After deliberating on close to 100 skate films coming from 19 countries, the Academy of Skateboard Filmmakers finally announced the nominees for the 1st Annual LA Skate Film Festival, coming up at the end of the month. The winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony at The Music Box on September 2nd, 2010 in Hollywood, California.
The Academy of Skateboard Filmmakers (ASF), which includes some of the most iconic and well-respected individuals within the industry have carefully reviewed all the films throughout the summer to determine the official nominated films for the following categories: Best US Film, Best Emerging Filmmaker, Best International, Best Skate Shop Video, Best Commercial, Best International Film, and Best Independent Film.
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS FOR BEST US FILM:
- Hallelujah, directed by Jon Holland and Chris Ray
- Extremely Sorry, directed by Geoff Rowley, Jeremy Fox and Ian Deacon
- Wood, directed by Colin Kennedy
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS FOR BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM:
- Plank, directed by Billy Pols (The Netherlands)
- The Gypsea Tour, directed by Chassignole "Junior" Vincent (France)
- Riding the White Long Cloud, directed by Alex Craig (New Zealand)
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS FOR BEST EMERGING FILMMAKER:
- Corridor of Shame, directed by John Danielson (USA)
- 19 Years Young, directed by Jack Mansfield (USA)
- Symmetry, directed by Dayman Cash (USA)
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS FOR BEST INDEPENDENT FILM:
- Machotaildrop, directed by Corey Adams & Alex Craig (Canada)
- Wizard Smoke, directed by Liam Mitchell (Canada)
- Fresno, directed by Stephen Payne (USA)
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS FOR BEST COMMERCIAL
- Nestle Aero, directed by Ty Evans (USA)
- La Tabla Skaters, directed by Lucas Tripodi (Chile)
- Woodward commercial (USA)
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS FOR BEST SKATE SHOP VIDEO
- The Dango is Dead, directed by Joe Perrin (USA)
- Spot On, directed by Phil Gushue (USA)
- ZVD, directed by Mike Marasco, Jesus Grajeda and Ian Edwards (USA)
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS FOR BEST DOCUMENTARY
- Skateistan: To Live and Skate Kabul, directed by Orlando Von Einsiedel (UK)
- 10,000 Kilometers, directed by Patrik Wallner (Hungary)
- Deathbowl to Downtown, directed by Coan Nichols and Rick Charnoski (USA)
The nominated films will be screened at the Downtown Independent Theater (251 S. Main Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012) on August 31st and September 1st, 2010.
The Screenings schedule is also available for download at http://www.thelaskatefilmfestival.com/screenings/
The 1st Annual LA Skate Film Festival would like to thank its partners for their support: FUEL TV, etnies, RVCA, ASR Biz, Woodward Digital Camp, Scion Central, Functions Drinks, Cam Caddie, Barefoot Wine, Pyramid Beers & Sheraton Downtown Los Angeles Hotel. For L.A. Skate Film Festival updates and information, please visit the official homepage at http://www.TheLASkateFilmFestival.com.
About The LA Skate Film Festival:
The LASFF is the 1st International skateboard film festival ever produced in Los Angeles. For the first time, a festival is here to celebrate & foster not only the underground and ever growing skateboard culture, but also the medium that contributed to elevate skateboarding from a radical pastime to a lifestyle and then to an art form – the film and the videos.
The L.A. Skate Film Festival is the event the skateboard world has been waiting for. It will showcase a unique selection of the best skateboard movies since 2009, made by the widest range of filmmakers from around the world.
In 1966, Nick Black’s short movie “Skate Dater” took a stand by winning the Golden Palm award for Best Short Film at the Cannes Film Festival. Now more than 40 years later, the L.A. Skate Film Festival aims to put skateboard cinematography back where it deserves to be, not as a part of an “action sports” event, but standing on its own under the spotlight of the true geniuses, who have produced some of the best footage to this date.