B$Z: Hookit.com Announces iPhone and Android Mobile App
August 4, 2011
Hookit.com Announces iPhone and Android Mobile App
Find local spots, log your sessions and get deals from the palm of your hand
Hookit.com, the world's largest action sports social network, is pleased to announce the launch of its new mobile app available for iPhone and Android mobile devices. Using the Hookit mobile app, members can now find local spots, check conditions, log their sessions, share to Facebook as well as get deals from brands and local businesses.
“This is by far the most social and powerful location-based mobile app for action sports,” said Scott Tilton, CEO of Hookit.com. “Our members are some of the most progressive and expressive individuals on the planet and this app helps makes our services available almost anywhere for them to share their lifestyle.”
The App includes a number of major features, including:
• 25,000 + spots and growing, including motocross / BMX tracks, skate parks, street spots, MTB trails, mountains, surf breaks and much more
• Add your own spots
• Post sessions - rate the conditions, include a comment, share who else was there and add photos to keep a history and track your progression
• The Android version allows users to record sessions as they happen, as well as tracking top speed, average speed and hang-time
• Before heading out - check the weather, get directions, browse reviews, conditions and photos
• Create a personal spot map of your favorite spots & shops to share with friends
• Find local retail shops and dealerships - get business information, reviews, photos and current promotions, a.k.a. “Hookups”
• View your personal profile
• Post photos and updates
• View member and brand profiles and their updates and photos
• Get Hookups and Deal Alerts from local shops and brands
• Share your sessions, updates and photos to Facebook using FB Connect
In addition to the local features, the app is also an amazing tool for self-promotion and exposure for serious athletes. As an example, the Hookit.com app is being utilized and tested during this year’s Loretta Lynn’s Amateur National Motocross championship in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee. Currently, selected racers are posting their updates, sessions and photos for everyone to follow and stay connected.
The app is free to download and is currently available on the Apple app store and Android marketplace. For more information, visit www.hookit.com/gomobile.