Content Marketing Is The Key To Your Consumer (read it on Forbes.com)
Why Read It? "2012 has been the year of growth for content marketing."
Brands have begun to embrace content marketing as a vital part of their overall strategy, see which brands are developing content their consumers want.
- Virgin Mobile: Virgin Mobile recently launched Virgin Mobile Live, a social newsroom that publishes content several times daily. To date the site is averaging over 1 million unique views per month, spread virally by over 50,000 "super-sharers" on Facebook and Twitter.
- American Express: "Content is an important piece in all of our marketing efforts...extending our messaging through content is a great way for us to continue to convert our customers from simply seeing a message to considering our brand," explained Walter Frye, Director of Entertainment Marketing & Sponsorships at American Express.
- Marriott: In May Marriott relaunched RenHotels.com as not just a hotel website but as a discovery site. All the curated local discoveries (over 6,000 and growing) from their 155 hotels around the world now live online. And the brand promotes them to start conversations in their social channels. The brand's site is seeing record traffic and exponential growth in engagement while its Facebook community has grown to 270,000 likes.
Head on over to Forbes.com to check out more examples of comapnies successfully utilizing content marketing.
Please Stop Using These Words In Your LinkedIn Profile (read it on Business Insider)
Why Read It? These are words that can be an instant turnoff to a recruiter who sees them over and over again.
Below is a list of some buzzwords that will potentially turn off any recruiter - if you are using any of the buzzwords below, fire up your LinkedIn profile right now and scrub them out.
- Extensive Experience
- Track Record
- Experimental (a buzzword in Brazil)
- Multinational (a buzzword in Egypt and Indonesia)
- Specialized (a buzzword in Spain)
- Communication skills (a buzzword in 2011)
- Dynamic (a buzzword in 2011)
Head on over to Business Insider to check out the full list of 2012 buzzwords.
|Annie Fast on Year 1 for Network A
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters, please send all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org – thanks!
Be More Productive After Work
(read it on The Daily Muse)
"With winter and the holidays creeping around the corner, there seems to be fewer play hours in the day and more to do on the job."
Transform Your Company in 1 Minute
(read it on Fast Company)
"Can a single behavior elevate an entire organization? It can - if it's the right behavior."