The Biggest Leadership Lessons from 2012 (read it on Time.com)
Why Read It? There were a multitude of events from the year that provide case studies in how to lead (and a few instances on how not to lead).
- Leaders need to, well, actually lead: The #1 leadership lesson of 2012? Lead, for goodness sake.
- Plans mean nothing, but planning means everything: In leadership, often our plans turn out to be close to useless. But planning can get you anywhere you want to go.
Head to Time.com to check out the full list of the biggest leadership lessons from 2012.
The Most Critical Skills for Your Job Search in 2013 (read it on Forbes.com)
Why Read It? Knowing which skills are in high demand can help guide decisions around education and work experience.
"The most sought-after skill-sets for recruiters are becoming less and less about proficiency in specific processes and coding languages and more about how you think systems through and work within the context of the team. Learning a technology is the easy part. Having the mindset to apply it, having the mindset and logic to process it, being thorough and detail-oriented while doing so, these are the critical skills."
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgement and Decision-Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate ones.
Head on over to Forbes.com to check out the full list of in demand job skills for 2013.
|Jesse Goodwick on turning a hobby into a business
Eric Tomlinson joins Globe in El Segundo, Calif.
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters, please send all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org – thanks!
Stock images sourced from FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Give Yourself a Self-Review
(read it on Life Hacker)
"Give yourself a self-review so you'll have all the ammo you need to respond to criticism long before your boss confronts you."
Do You Dream About Work?
Click on this link and let us know!
"Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.): I don’t even think about work when I’m awake. When I’m asleep, I don’t think about it. It’s perfectly consistent."