Executives from America's Biggest Companies Share What They Look For In Hires (read it on BusinessInsider.com)
Why Read It? See what interests top executives, like the COO at Google along with 27 other company leaders, when they are hiring.
- Richard Branson, founder and chairman, The Virgin Group: "The number one thing that matters...is how good you are with people. If you're good with people and you really, genuinely care about people then I'm sure we could find a job for you..."
- Elon Musk, CEO, Tesla Motors and SpaceX: " I look for a positive attitude and are they easy to work with, are people gonna like working with them? It's very important to like the people you work with, otherwise life [and] your job is gonna be quite miserable."
- Mickey Drexler, CEO, J. Crew: "The person is a resume, not what's on a piece of paper. Whoever gives advice about resumes in college should be dismissed. Titles don't matter. GPAs don't matter, nor does what school you go to. What matters is hard work, and emotional intelligence."
- Lloyd Blankfein, chairman and CEO, Goldman Sachs: "I look for two things that may sound a bit inconsistent, but they're reconcilable. I look for people who are willing and able to get very deeply involved in something. And at the same time I like people with broad interests, so that they're well-rounded and interesting people, and are interested in a lot of different things."
- Read on for more from top executives on what impresses them in hiring > click here.
Hire the Right Person Every Time (read it on Fast Company)
Why Read It? Because hiring the wrong people over and over is exhausting.
- Hire for Passion: Passion is one of those things that you can sense when someone walks in the room. Does their face light up when they talk about the future?
- Hire for Fit: Someone who is accustomed to having a support team around them will most likely falter at a startup where employees are expected to wear multiple hats. Look for people who will fit into your organization.
- Be Open to All Possibilities: Vow to make changes in your approach to hiring this year.
|Join Us Tomorrow In Salt Lake City for Panel Discussions & More at the Shmooz at OR!
Register Now For Next Friday's Shmooz at SIA in Denver - See Ya Mile High!
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters, please send all relevant information to [email protected] – thanks!
Stock images sourced from FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Nail Your Next Interview
(find more tips at theDailyMuse.com)
"Give your interviewer a firm handshake. Make eye contact. Answer each question succinctly. Have questions to ask the interviewer..."
50 Common Interview Questions
(read it on Forbes.com)
"...most companies will ask more common interview questions like "What are your strengths?" and "What are your weaknesses?"