The 2013 Shmooz Winter Tour is a Success; Addition of Discussion Panels for Agenda + OR & Massive Attendee Turnout are Major Contributors to Success (read the recap & see the video on Malakye.com)
Why Read It? To check out the recap video produced from our trio of Winter 2013 events at Agenda, OR Winter Market and the SIA Snow Show.
- That's a wrap for the 2013 Shmooz Winter Tour! Thanks to all the companies and reps for supporting Malakye.com and thanks to all the candidates for coming out and participating! Be sure to keep an eye out for details on an upcoming #Shmooz near you!
- Interested in learning more on the Shmooz? Check out this video recap for a closer look at what goes on during the Shmooz. And take a look at the individual photo galleries from each of our past Shmooz events on Malakye.com's Facebook page.
- Did you #Shmooz? What did you think? How can we make the next Shmooz even better? Please send all feedback, suggestions and encouragement to: [email protected]
Learn to Work a Job Fair (read it on Monster.com)
Why Read It? There will be few other times in your life when employers will make such a concerted bid to get your attention.
- Take Notes: After the fair concludes, jot down notes about conversations you had with company representatives. If you wait too long, the conversations will start running together in your head, and you'll forget what you said to whom.
- Follow Up on Promises: If, for example, a company representative expressed interest in looking at your Web site, make sure to email the URL like you said you would.
- Send Thank-You Notes: Write or email each of the people you met and thank them for their time. Reiterate your interest in the company and your relevant skills and experience. Most job seekers fail to take this simple step, often losing out in the end to those who did express their thanks.
|Photos and Video from the SIA Snow Show held last week in Denver, Colo.
The Shmooz at SIA last Friday was the Final Stop on the 2013 Shmooz Winter Tour - thanks for coming out Denver!
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters, please send all relevant information to [email protected] – thanks!
Stock images sourced from FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Extend Your Career, Switch Industries
(read it on theLadders.com)
"Switching industries tends to be smoother for those who have moved from one industry to another throughout their careers than for those who have worked in only one market."
Is Attending a Job Fair Really Worth It?
(read it on WSJ.com)
"One of the advantages of going to career-related networking events is meeting others who are in the same boat as I am...It is still all about networking."