Conquer the Tyranny of the Inbox (read it on the Guardian)
Why Read It? To make sure you get the best from your technology.
"The average worker spends 41% of their time dealing with emails, according to research company the Radicati Group."
- Do As You Would Be Done By: think how many people you'd have sent a carbon copy of a memo to in the days before a button could flash your meanderings to multitudes.
- I couldn't do my job without them: Any new message could be the career breakthrough you've been waiting for.
- I'm not sure if an email is going to be a waste of time until I open it: harness colours to prioritise their messages: for example, grey for cc'd emails, orange for the boss and green for clients.
- I know how many messages are stacking up without me: Giving people the confidence to hit delete can be really helpful.
The Best Practices in Writing Email Subject Lines (read it on MailChimp)
Why Read It? When it comes to subject lines, don't sell what's inside, tell what's inside.
- Three Words to Avoid: Help, Percent off, and Reminder
- Localization Helps: Personalization, such as including a recipient's first name or last name, doesn't significantly improve open rates; providing localization, such as including a city name, does help.
- Keep the Content Fresh: Repeating the exact same subject line for accelerates the drop in open rates.
- Subject Line Length: The general rule of thumb in email marketing is to keep your subject line to 50 characters or less.
- The From Line: The From and Subject line should work in tandem.
- Promotional Emails: Subject lines framed as questions can often perform better.
"The best email subject lines are short, descriptive and provide the reader with a reason to explore your message further."
|Jake "Charlie" Bessey, Co-Founder/Vice President at COALATREE
INTERBIKE: The Inaugural Electric Bike Media Event in Ranchos Palos Verdes, Calif. on Thursday Feb. 13
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters, please send all relevant information to email@example.com – thanks!
The Best Web-Based Email Services
(read it on PCWorld Magazine)
"Despite the rise of social networking, you still need an email account. Luckily, your options are getting better and better."
VIDEO: Tim Ferris on Email
(watch it on YouTube)
"The more email you send, the more you are going to receive. For every email you send, you get 1.75-2 emails in response."