Create Office Culture to Empower Employees (read it on GovExec.com)
Why Read It? Office culture should be structured to align with the wants, needs and demands of both employees and customers.
"If you want to create your own unique culture that will help empower your employees and drive your company to success, transforming the culture you already have is a great place to start."
- Crafting a unique culture should be priority No. 1 for organizations that want to attract and retain loyal employees and customers.
- Office culture affects everything from employee retention to productivity, and managers have an incredible opportunity to shape that culture.
- Culture should be the blueprint of what, why and how the organization operates.
- The first step to creating or transforming your organization's culture is to develop a compelling vision.
- Next, articulate the purpose of the organization, or the why.
- Finally, establish organizational values to help develop the culture you've created.
- The more a manager can keep focus on its vision, purpose and values, the more likely that culture is to become part of its DNA, helping employees and the organization to reach full potential.
Getting Along With Coworkers May Add Years (read it on US News.com)
Why Read It? Good relationships with your co-workers and a convivial, supportive work environment may add years to your life.
- Work should be a place where people can get necessary emotional support.
- The modern workplace often lacks a supportive environment and although we spend most of our waking hours at work, we don't have much time to meet our friends for support during the weekdays.
- Peer or informal social support at work was a more potent predictor of health and longevity than relationships with a supervisor or boss.
- Being happy at work can be a huge productivity booster, and happy people work better with others, are more creative, have more energy, get sick less often, learn faster and worry less about mistakes.
- If you are in a hostile work environment, but don't have feasible options to leave, you want to get balance elsewhere in your life.
|Kellen Roland, President for the NTWRK Agency
Matt Gormley, Account Manager for Stanley
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters, please send all relevant information to email@example.com – thanks!
Yahoo Cuts Work From Home
(read it on Forbes.com)
"To become the absolute best place to work, communication and collaboration will be important, so we need to be working side-by-side."
An End to the "Tyranny of Fun"
(read it on dezeen.com)
"Maybe it's only by looking hard into the generic-ness of workplace design that we can find ways of really disrupting ideologies of work for the better."