Build Your Personal Brand (read it on jobs.guardian.co.uk/)
Why Read It? This article references some well known companies like Apple and Nike, and the concept certainly applies to other successful brands in the lifestyles industries.
"The aim is to develop a set of meanings for yourself which are positive and strong....your brand is not something that you can decide on the morning of an interview."
- Be proud of your educational and career history: " weave your experiences together to make a coherent career story".
- Learn to tell your story: "To create a brand for yourself, you have to capture the imagination of your audience."
- Get noticed: "The best way to build a brand reputation early on is by the way you act and the value that you add."
- Understand that brand is a collection of shared associations and concepts: [Volcom], , [Matix], "each of these brands has a small set of powerful meanings or concepts shared by their audiences."
- Have a purpose: "Powerful brands know what they are trying to do, and so do their customers."
Learn the Personal Branding Process (read it on Mashable.com)
Why Read It? Although this article/blog post was written over four years ago, the content is relevant (although some of the references may be...off).
- Discover your brand. "The single biggest mistake people make is that they either brand themselves just for the sake of doing it or that they fail to invest time in learning about what's in their best interests."
- Create your brand. Using your resume (and cover letter), references, portfolio, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, a blog/website, business cards, your wardrobe, and more.
- "Personal branding, by definition, is the process by which we market ourselves to others. As a brand, we can leverage the same strategies that make...brands appeal...We can build brand equity just like them."
|The Art of Customization with Pukka, Inc.
"If I can affect one person to be pro-active against the disease – I feel as though I've accomplished something." - Tom Brown, Surfing for Life Founder
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters, please send all relevant information to [email protected] – thanks!