Stay Organized While Traveling (read & listen on getitdone.quickanddirtytips.com)
Why Read or Listen to it? Because the math is brutal: if you leave work for one week, it will take one month of 25% overtime to catch up. It isn't going to happen....unless you learn to let stuff drop while traveling.
"When I travel, chaos ensues. Email piles up in my inbox, notes pile up...and my anchor, waking up at 6 am, gets mangled and spat out...So the question is, how do you keep things on track when traveling?"
- Let Stuff Drop: Life throws stuff at you as fast as ever, whether you're traveling, you're sick, or on vacation. Unless you have an unreal amount of free time (and it sounds like you don't), you're fooling yourself to think you can stay on top of it all.
- Build Slack Into Your Schedule: If you're traveling, set aside daily time to do your on-the-road filing.
- Schedule Catch-up Days: If you will be back in the office on the 20th, say you won't be back until the 21st or 22nd on your vacation message and voicemail greeting. Do come in to work on those days, but don't schedule any meetings.
The Many Benefits of Leisure Travel (read it on wanderingeducators.com)
Why Read It? Lucky for us, technology has afforded us the chance to travel anywhere, if only we take the time to actually travel.
- Leisure travel provides you unlimited opportunities to learn things about yourself and the world around you. Traveling gives you the chance to increase your knowledge and wisdom about yourself and the world, in order to widen your perspective on many things.
- Traveling revitalizes and refreshes not only your body, but most importantly, your mind and soul as well. Leisure travel is actually a necessity more important than any material thing your money can buy - so invest wisely.
- Traveling lets you create your own treasure box of memories that will surely last you a lifetime. Every single journey is different, and you will treasure each and every second of it by yourself or with a loved one.
- Leisure travel affords you the chance to live your life like there's no tomorrow. Traveling gives you that general sense of freedom and wonderment and makes you feel more alive.
- Lastly, Leisure travel promotes quality bonding time away from all the stresses of daily life.
"For many...leisure travel is a way to reward themselves after working hard, while for some, traveling is a routine that can't be broken."
"As the old saying goes, there's no time like the present, so better be on your way if you want to reap all the benefits leisure travel has to offer."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to [email protected] – thanks!
Get the Most Out of Traveling
(read it on engagingcultures.com)
"One of the things I love about travel is the opportunity it affords you to step outside of your world and into a completely new one."
What to See & Do at Coachella
(read it on latimes.com)
"By day, Coachella is a lawn-scented fashion runway showcasing the finest in barely there lace and swimwear. Then the sun goes down..."