The Key to Original Thinking (read it on huffingtonpost.com)
Why Read It? Because every true thought leader must learn to integrate opposite ideas with their own to form a much stronger creative force.
"You want to know the secret to original thinking? Here it is. Expose yourself to people who think REALLY differently than you."
- "New life, new thought, new creations come from the union of opposites."
- Be inquisitive! Answer questions with another question and try not being attached to your opinions.
- Work to integrate opposite thoughts and opinions to be a vessel for higher thinking.
- For example, if you're a progressive thinker, spend a day reading news and stories from conservative sources or go out to lunch with a person whom you would consider your opposite.
- "Opposite a true statement is a false statement, but opposite a profound truth is another profound truth," physicist Neils Bohr.
Ways to Boost Creative Thinking (read it on lifehacker.com)
Why Read It? Learn to come up with better ideas by using practical solutions to boost your creativity.
"When it comes to creativity, one of our biggest concerns is usually how we can be more creative, or how to come up with better ideas." The suggestions below are useful for everyday creativity in daily life, see which ones work best for you:
- Separate Work from Consumption: We are often in two different states of mind when we are trying to create something; you're much better off working in 'work mode' and consuming while in the absorb state.
- Create During a Powerful Mood: A study from 2007 on creativity in the workplace concluded, "Creativity increased when both positive and negative emotions were running high."
- Daydream...and Then Get Back to Work! Although, before you turn to utilizing naptime to spur creativity, be honest with yourself and invest effort in the thought process - don't use daydreams as an excuse to not work!
- Get Moving: "If you're stuck in a creative rut and want to take a break, try including exercise while your brain is subconsciously at work, it may help to speed up your "Aha!" moment."
GoPro Q&A with Nick Stagge, Senior Global Training Manager.
He did it. Q&A with GoPro founder Nick Woodman.
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters, please send all relevant information to [email protected] – thanks!
'Original Thought' image sourced from banksy.co.uk; 'Find Your Own Way' image sourced from keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk.