Leadership Role Models (read it on washingtonpost.com)
Why Read It? Because everyone needs a role model.
- Tom Tidwell, chief of the U.S. Forest Service admires Theodore Roosevelt and what he did for conservation in this country. "He took what was, at times, an unpopular stance to preserve the forests we have today," Tidwell said.
- Anna Maria Chavez, chief executive officer of Girl Scouts of the USA stated one of her best mentors was former Secretary of Transportation Rodney Slater, whom she worked with as a senior adviser. "What I admired about Rodney was that he was a public servant who understood that government is really about working for taxpayers."
Entrepreneurs Answer The Question: "Who Are Your Role Models?" (read it on huffingtonpost.com)
Why Read It? Because it helps to have someone we can look up to.
- Sir Richard Branson (Virgin): "The entrepreneur I suppose I most look up to Steve Jobs. I think what he's created with Apple is incredible."
- Rob Dyrdek (Street League Skateboarding, Dyrdek Enterprises): "Someone who is close to me is Ken Block. To evolve from a magazine to Droors Clothing to DC Shoes and morphing into a pro rally career and using all the principles he used to build DC for his personal brand is truly incredible."
- Bob Parsons (Go Daddy): "The person I look up to is my dad. He passed away some time ago, but his ideals and advice live on in me. In fact, his words of wisdom are really the key to what success I've had. He always used to say, 'When you love something, it tells you all its secrets.' I think that principal is at the heart of what makes a successful entrepreneur. Love what you do!"
- Lawrence Gelburd (The Wharton School): "...Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Jimi Henrdrix and Frank Zappa."
"The journey that is starting and growing a business is a bumpy one, but it can be made a little easier with someone to provide inspiration -- and a reminder of why you embarked on this crazy path in the first place."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to [email protected] - thanks!