Tips to Help You Land a Dream Job (read it on mashable.com)
Why Read It? These tips are meant to help you grow your professional opportunities and land your dream job.
- Take Advantage of Online Resources: With so much information at your disposal, all you need is motivation to sleuth, a reason to get in touch and the ability to write an email the person will actually read.
- Grow Your Network: People you know but aren't close to...can actually be more helpful than your close friends and contacts when it comes to looking for a new job, because they're more likely to hear about opportunities you don't yet know about.
- Let Your Personality Shine: Companies want workers who are a good cultural fit...Don't be afraid to show your personality; it can only help you.
"The web is transforming our workplace - and that means new possibilities for you...All you have to do is find the go-getter within."
Write A Follow-Up Email That Will Land You The Job (read it on fastcompany.com)
Why Read It? Create a problem after an interview, make yourself an obvious hire by showing why that company needs you.
- Show how well you can do the work: By showing what you're capable of and why the organization needs it in their life, you reduce the cognitive load of whether-or-nots for the hiring manager.
- Keep the follow-up concise: You want your follow-up to be as easy to take in as possible.
- Be useful/helpful: Make yourself an obvious hire.
With follow-up emails: "show how well you can do the work" to land the job!
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to email@example.com - thanks!