Tricks to Help Get a Job Now (read it on foxbusiness.com)
Why Read It? Because with hundreds of applicants potentially vying for one job, it's important to stand out and leave a good impression.
- Narrow your search: "Applying to job openings that truly match your skills and interests will increase your odds of getting the right job."
- Learn to use your network to contact workers on the inside: "Research employees in the company you want to work for and get to know them."
- Go after temporary and freelance work in your target field: Don't turn something down because it's not perfect...who knows, it could lead to a dream job.
"Experts say the first steps to snagging a job is staying positive and be open minded to different opportunities."
Get Help Finding a Job (read it on The Chicago Tribune)
Why Read It? Learn to create your job opportunities.
- Follow the news: Look for the followings topics because they suggest a need for new hires: job promotions, retirements, a business relocating, acquiring a site or other business, expanding, etc.
- Magical Phrases: "No matter what you are asked in an interview, managers generally are seeking the answers to the following three questions: 'Will you be my pal?' 'Will you help me relax?' 'Am I taking a risk with you?'"
- Use the internet for research: "Learn 'buzzwords' from your desired industry, and use them in resumes and interviews."
"If job interviews go well, but you get turned down, ask the manager about needs elsewhere in the company...turn this into networking."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org - thanks!