The Post-Labor Day Letdown (read it on the Wall Street Journal)
Why Read It? There are real reasons many get in a funk as the summer comes to an end...read this and get back to it with confidence!
- Therapists, career coaches - even marriage counselors - report an increase in people seeking help in early fall.
- A component is what some researchers dub Post Vacation Syndrome (PVS), characterized by a feeling of emptiness combined with anxiety, lack of motivation and difficulty concentrating.
- "Even the best jobs don't compare well to carefree days at the beach. "
- If you can take little vacations throughout the year, it's less of a shock when vacation is over.
"Change is always hard and this is a time when both nature and our lives are changing."
Your End-of-Summer Creative Refresher (read it on fastcocreate.com)
Why Read It? Don't lose your creative edge, read advice from these successful creators and do work!
- Stuck in a creative rut? This article recommends taking a look at a day-in-the-life of some of the world's best-known creators to help you figure out when and how you’ll get your best thinking and working done.
- You Should Have Passion Project: From filmmaking and photography to less-expected devotions like spoon carving and drone making, creative people utilize side projects to contribute to their creativity and sanity.
- Lose the Headphones: "Do interesting things and interesting things will happen to you."
"Whether you’re looking to finally finish that script or book or treatment or gag or Tumblr, take better photos, finally get that side project off the ground, or just dig in and attack your job anew, there's plenty of ass-kicking insight here from the appropriate experts."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to email@example.com - thanks!