It Never Gets Better Than the Interview (read it on LinkedIn.com)
Why Read It? "The process of negotiating and hiring someone is a microcosm of what your working relationship with them will be."
- If you are negotiating with a new hire and you find yourself liking that person more and more, chances are you will love working with them.
- "If you find the person slow to respond, uninspired in their responses and ideas, or unpleasant in negotiations, let me assure you: it never gets better."
"The hiring process should showcase how you'll collaborate in the future. This goes as much for the applicant. If you find the person recruiting you to be out of sync with you, that won't change."
The Most Common Interview Questions (read it on Forbes.com)
Why Read It? Be prepared to ask and answer the most typical interview questions by considering what your personal response would be to them.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why are you interested in working for [insert company name here]?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- Why do you want to leave your current company?
How to Hire Better and Faster (read it on time.com)
Why Read It? Because finding the right employees shouldn't be a crapshoot.
- Streamlining your business processes can make you more efficient and productive. Apply this theory to your hiring practices to reap similar results.
- "Job interviews can be so subjective that you can often end up with a highly personable hire who turns out to be less than ideally qualified...To avoid this, conduct a "competency-based" interview."
"Making the wrong hiring decision can cost you – up to twice the annual salary of the employee in question."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org - thanks!