Tips for Meeting Work Deadlines (read it on howstuffworks.com)
Why Read It? Learn how to organize large amounts of work across varying spans of time to ensure you stay on track with your deadlines.
- Set Yourself Up to Succeed: "You need to be aware of your capabilities and be reasonable about what you can accomplish. It's far better to be upfront about expectations than to fail to meet them later."
- Stay Organized: " If you have a complicated schedule with lots of deadlines, meetings and projects going on, it's essential that you keep a calendar with all your deadline dates on it."
- Don't Procrastinate: "Procrastination might actually be the hardest thing to overcome. Luckily, the solution is pretty simple. All you have to do is break a project down into smaller parts, and then create a schedule that lets you complete each part at different points in the time leading up to the final deadline."
- Delegate Smaller Tasks: "You rarely have to complete a work project alone."
"The consequences of missing a deadline might range from a grumpy manager to an angry client and the loss of a contract -- or maybe even the loss of your job."
How to Get Your Employees to Meet Deadlines (read it on Performance Based Results)
Why Read It? Getting employees to meet deadlines is a major factor in team performance.
- Stop missed deadlines from the start and create a game plan: By getting employees to take ownership for their projects & tasks.
- Find out why your employee cannot meet deadlines: But, avoid nagging, "even the most understanding managers can find themselves in badgering mode as deadlines are missed and desperation grows."
- Work to appropriately deal with missed deadlines: Get past lame excuses for missed deadlines and solve the problem to ensure future productivity and success.
"When people make a habit of postponing certain tasks, putting off items on their to-do list, and failing to meet agreed-upon objectives (deadlines), it’s maddening for the superiors counting on them."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to email@example.com - thanks!