Take Advantage of the Power of Your Phone (read it on theladders.com)
Why Read It? The recruiting process is becoming more mobile, you need to get 'smart' about your job search to turn downtime into valuable search time.
- Take advantage of your smart devices: Save time by browsing open job opportunities while on-the-go and flagging the ones that merit an application to work on later when you're in front of a computer.
- Be resume ready: Bring your important job-search documents wherever you go. Use services like iCloud or Dropbox to store your resume, references or portfolio of work on multiple devices, including your smartphone or tablet. If a recruiter reaches out requesting your resume in the middle of the day, you can respond right away. You no longer have to wait until you're back at home and in front of a computer.
- If you're using Malakye.com to search for your next job, then download the Malakye.com app to access job postings while on-the-go.
Phone Etiquette Rules (read it on businessinsider.com)
Why Read It? There's still an art to properly using a phone in a professional setting.
- Announce your name when you pick up the phone.
- Don't answer your phone (or have it out) when meeting with others.
- Respect quiet zones and be aware of your speaking volume.
- Let people know if you have them on speaker phone.
"At a meeting or meal, if you answer a call, you're basically telling the person you're meeting with that someone else is more deserving of your time."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org - thanks!