The Ultimate Interview Prep Guide (read it on The Daily Muse)
Why Read It? You've got to check out these helpful prep tips for success to make sure you bring your A-game to your next interview.
- Preparing for an interview takes a lot more than Googling a list of common interview questions. You have to make a great first impression appearance-wise, have a great knowledge of your target company and its product, and, of course, know exactly how to convey that you're the perfect fit for the job.
- "Spend the most time before the interview not rehearsing questions, but reflecting on your career chronology to date. When you know your story inside and out, it's much easier to apply examples to just about any interview question."
- Don't forget about the little things: do a little pampering, Prepare a reference list, whether you think you'll be asked for it or not, and plan the perfect outfit. These are theings that you don't always think people notice—but they do!
- Print out five copies of your resume. You never know who you'll be meeting with, and you want to have your resume ready to go in case you're asked for it.
"Oh, and get some sleep. This sounds like something your mom would tell you, but there are few things that will throw you off your game like sleep deprivation."
How to Prepare for Common Interview Questions (read it on forbes.com)
Why Read It? Most interviewers will ask common questions like "What are your strengths?" and "What are your weaknesses?" - it's important that you prepare well for those.
Here are some examples of common interview questions:
- Why do you want to leave your current company?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- What can you offer us that someone else can not?
- What are three things your former manager would like you to improve on?
- What would you look to accomplish in the first 30 days/60 days/90 days on the job?
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
What is your dream job?
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to email@example.com - thanks!