EVENT: OR's All Mountain Demo Allows Retailers, Reps, and Media to Get Hands-On
New events and brands make it all happen January 21, 2014 at Solitude Mountain Resort
Press Release from Outdoor Retailer
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif. — The All Mountain Demo continues to be the premiere event-before-the-event at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market. This unique event gives hands-on experience with the season’s latest gear, equipment and technology, and showcases Outdoor Retailer’s core as more than 40 exhibitors set up shop at Solitude Mountain Resort, January 21, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Products on exhibit will include Alpine Touring, Randonnee Snowshoeing and Telemark gear, Avalanche Safety Equipment, Winter Camping and Survival gear as well as apparel and footwear appropriate for the season.
“Trying gear before you buy is an incredible value for retail buyers just like it is for consumers. It’s one thing to be dazzled by the story, but it’s the experience that drives home a product’s value,” said Kenji Haroutunian, Outdoor Retailer show director. Delivering that experience back to the shop employees and customers drives the ‘authenticity’ factor which is increasingly crucial for specialty retailers.”
This year’s All Mountain Demo brings back a focus on backcountry safety, but also features new events and activities:
• Innovation in avalanche safety equipment is highlighted at All Mountain Demo and the OR show. Avalanche safety instruction, gear and best practices will be highlighted with competitions like shoveling, along with teaching the correct techniques needed to save someone’s life if buried under the snow.
• SkiMo premiers at this winter’s event. People of all abilities (18 and older) will be able to participate in a short course ski mountaineering race. The ‘GORE-TEX® Wasatch Ski Mountaineering Race’ combines the skills of climbing up and skiing down on a course. The proceeds for this event will benefit the United States Ski Mountaineering Association (USSMA). Co-sponsors include La Sportiva, Voile, Scarpa/Ski Trab.
• The 9th year of Backcountry Tours led by Utah Mountain Adventures takes buyers and media on guided tours of the Wasatch Backcountry. Tyson Bradley, the senior guide and director of Utah Mountain Adventures, will lead the tours. He has 20 years of experience guiding all over the world, and guides 100 days every winter in the Wasatch Range.
• For attendees that didn’t bring gear, but want to get hands-on, the Backcountry Closet will provide a one-stop shop to get geared up with all the right Backcountry travel gear. Sponsored by Dynafit and POMOCA.
• The Chill Zone will be back for a second year. Reflecting the backcountry lifestyle, the Chill Zone will feature music, food, a beer garden sponsored by Sierra Nevada, and a place to warm up by the fire.
• New this year, the MSR Snow Park will include a challenging snowshoe obstacle course providing an opportunity to experience the latest technology from the leaders in snowshoeing. Sponsored by MSR.
About Outdoor Retailer
Outdoor Retailer (OR) brings together retailers, manufacturers, industry advocates and media to conduct the business of outdoor recreation through tradeshows, product demo events and web-based business solutions. Produced by Emerald Expositions and based in San Juan Capistrano, California.
Outdoor Retailer also provides and promotes retailer education, advocacy, responsibility and critical face-to-face business initiatives within the outdoor industry.
Consistently named among Trade Show News Network’s 25 fastest-growing tradeshows by attendance, Outdoor Retailer (outdoorretailer.com) connects approximately 50,000 attendees on a semi-annual basis for its Summer and Winter Market shows, and thousands more through its year-round online resources and platforms.
For media inquiries:
Director of Public Relations