The Key to Staying Relevant? Train Nonstop! (read it on NYtimes.com)
Why Read It? Because the need to constantly adapt is the new reality for many workers.
- The struggle is not just to keep up, but to anticipate a future of rapid change.
- "You can't expect that what you've become a master in will keep you valuable throughout the whole of your career, and you want to add to that the fact that most people are now going to be working into their 70s."
"Car mechanics, librarians, doctors, Hollywood special effects designers — virtually everyone whose job is touched by computing — are being forced to find new, more efficient ways to learn."
3 Ways to Create Your Personal Brand (read it on forbes.com)
Why Read It? Learn how to let people know, in a compelling way, that you have something great to offer.
- Be distinctive: Is there something that you are better at doing than anyone else?
- Be aspirational but accurate: It's OK to promise what you are when you're at your best...but then, be your best.
- Focus on how as well as what: When you think about your brand, an important part of the experience – often the most important part – is how you promise people will feel when they deal with you.
"A brand is the promise of an experience."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to email@example.com - thanks!