Transform Your Work-Life Balance (read it on Forbes.com)
Why Read It? Don't let your calendar control you...Gain control over your time!
- Sometimes Time is More Valuable Than Money: Think about the regular tasks that you feel suck time away from you, and then look at your budget to see if you might be able to pay a little more for them so you're able to do more valuable things.
- If it's Not on the Calendar, it Won't Happen: You've likely heard this refrain before, possibly in reference to exercising. Why not apply it to other aspects of your life?
- Free Time Doesn't Have to Be Available Time: "It's important to remind yourself that you can turn invitations down for no other reason than you want that time to yourself, that your free time can be just that—free."
Image from Sanuk.
Keep Your Job & Home Lives Separate & Healthy (read it on Huffington Post)
Why Read It? You have a work life. You have a home life. And you have, in all probability, forgotten how to keep them separate.
- Separate your homespace from your workspace: Having clear boundaries will help you work enthusiastically, then truly rest.
- Actually use your homespace and workspace: Actually use your homespace and workspace.
- Watch the Zen master in you emerge: One definition of Zen is simply "doing one thing at a time" -- which goes a long way toward explaining why Zen masters look so calm and live so long.
"I want you to love going to work, and to love being home. Just not at the same time."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org - thanks!