Take Control of Your Career (read it on NBCnews.com)
Why Read It? Feeling lost at sea? Here's how you can find your way to shore!
- In this economy, more and more workers are faced with long-term unemployment or underemployment (when a worker is employed), but not earning enough money or working in their desired capacity.
- Feeling hopeless - and appearing hopeless to others - can actually keep you from landing a job...Taking back control, however, can be a huge challenge.
- Force yourself to take back control by drastically changing your job search strategies, going back to school, or even considering a whole new career.
"When it comes to how we envision our career stories, few of us anticipate such a long chapters of unemployment. It can lead to defeatism and sorrow when we find ourselves in living through it, mental health experts say."
Avoid Unemployment Fatigue (read it on NavyTimes)
Why Read It? Despite the frustrations of joblessness, it is important that you maintain a healthy perspective so you’re ready for any opportunity that comes your way.
- Make a plan. Maximize your job search efforts. Stay active. Learn something new. Give yourself some R&R. Be realistic.
- You have to take charge of your life because no one is going to hand you anything. It's up to you to make it happen.
"Unemployment Fatigue not only can affect your confidence, self-esteem and general well-being but can also harm your relationships with friends and family."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to email@example.com - thanks!