How To Make Your To-Do List Doable (read it on Lifehacker)
Why Read It? Because your to-do list can be a useful tool or an inventory of undone time bombs...It all depends on how you write it!
- Keep your to-do list short and sweet by ony putting items on that you definitely need done.
- Focus only on the next action and keep your list moving by prioritizing your tasks!
- Use specific active verbs and include as much information as possible to avoid confusing and allow focus.
- Log your completed tasks and purge and update your list weekly!
"90 percent of the work involved when you're tackling tasks that matter is the planning, and that's true for what may seem to be the most trivial tasks. As with any good habit, practice makes perfect."
Make Your To-Do List Work For You (read it on Fast Company)
Why Read It? Does your to-do list regularly become a compilation of things you never get done? Then read on...
- Avoid useless tasks. "Too often, we stuff our lists with items that we don't need to do or which don't need to be done today. That crowds out the more important items and might result in working longer hours unnecessarily."
- Re-evaluate items on your list: " If you're repeatedly bumping an important task to the next day, you need to look at why."
- Write your to-do list the night before so you can hit the ground running.
- Assign time estimates so you can make realistic decisions about how much to fit in a day.
"There are few things more satisfying than drawing lines through each entry. Progress!"
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to [email protected] - thanks!