The Healthy Habits of Happy People (read it on the Huffington Post)
Why Read It? Because a majority of happy people have similar habits which you can introduce into your everyday life.
- Joy is contagious: Surround yourself with other happy people.
- Smile when you mean it: Even if you're not feeling so chipper, cultivating a happy thought could up your happiness levels.
- Appreciate simple pleasures: "When we take time to notice the things that go right -- it means we're getting a lot of little rewards throughout the day."
- Look on the bright side: When you choose to see the silver lining, you're also choosing health and happiness.
- Unplug and go outside: Nature is fuel for the soul.
"When we take time to notice the things that go right -- it means we're getting a lot of little rewards throughout the day."
Strategies for Becoming a Happier Person (read it on WebMD)
Why Read It? Because psychologists who study happiness believe we can choose to be happy.
- To get more out of life, we need to put more into it!
- The active desire and commitment to be happy is intention, which can lead to the decision to consciously choose attitudes and behaviors that lead to happiness over unhapiness.
- Pursue happiness by thwarting negative emotions such as resentment and anger and by fostering positive emotions such as empathy, serenity, and gratitude.
"Regardless of what we achieve in the pursuit of stuff, it's never going to bring about an enduring state of happiness."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org - thanks!