Work Smarter, Not Harder (read it on Buffer)
Why Read It? Because it is easy to fall into a pattern of working too hard...you can get more done if you work smart.
- Spend time in nature: this can help to reset your attention span and often leads to a more relaxed mind.
- Respect your natural attention span: taking breaks throughout the day* can help you to refresh your mind and reset your attention span.
- Move around: breaking your work into chunks and assigning different locations to accomplish those tasks can be a good way to work lots of breaks into your day and still get things done.
Get plenty of sleep, exercise and recreation time so that your time spent working is as productive as it can be.
Get Things Done! (read it on the Harvard Business Review blog)
Why Read It? HBR has compiled an extremely useful list of general tips to help you improve productivity - give it a read and get things done!
- Decide When and Where to Work: be sure that each day you know what you need to accomplish and when.
- Know When to Multitask: because in today's fast-paced world, it may seem impossible to only focus on one thing at a time.
- Take Naps: research shows that the more hours you work continuously, the greater the toll on your performance. You can greatly improve your productivity by taking a short nap.
"Focus on what you can control. Too many people feel bad about things they simply can't change. Remember what you can affect and what you can't."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to email@example.com - thanks!