It's Time to Prepare for the Real World! (read it on Business Insider)
Why Read It? If you are a senior set to graduate and are looking for the panic button, relax - you are not alone.
- Keep an open mind, and apply to everything: Don't limit yourself to one company, one position, or even one industry, because you never know what opportunities you might miss by closing off your options too soon.
- Forget landing your dream job: Focus on what can get you there in the future. Instead of searching for your dream job, "find something that will position you for your career goals."
- Network your heart out: Networking is one of the most important things you can do to increase your chances of getting a job, and it will continue to be important throughout your career.
"According to a 2013 Accenture poll, only 39% of the classes of 2011 and 2012 had jobs lined up by the time they graduated; for 2013, just 16% had job offers a month before their commencement."
Steps to Prepare for Graduation (read it on Fastweb.com)
Why Read It? Because it never hurts to be ahead of the game!
- Figure out where you are going to live after graduation.
- Get familiar with your school's career services office.
- Prepare your resume and gather strong references.
- Cross every t and dot every i: "Make sure that all balances due are paid to your student accounts office so that there will be no issues with receiving your diploma and transcripts."
"Graduation is a time for celebration, but can also be a time of confusion. Many students leave college without the slightest clue of what to do next..."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org - thanks!