Does It Feel Like Email Is Taking Over Your Life? (read it on forbes.com)
Why Read It? If you answered yes to the question above, then you will want to check out these productivity secrets that will help reduce your time with emails.
- Unsubscribe from everything and turn off notifications: Resist the temptation!
- Limit the length of your responses: "Cut the chitchat. If you really want to save time and increase your productivity, don't worry about the pleasantries."
- Set a time to check and respond to all emails: "Given how much time and concentration we stand to lose when we check email haphazardly, it's definitely worth doing."
- Empty your inbox at the end of each day!
"Reading and responding to email accounts for about 28% of our total workweek."
Master Your Email! (read it on BuzzFeed)
Why Read It? You can get better at managing your inbox by taking control and following these steps...
- Do not clog your inbox: "When you open your inbox, all you should see are emails from family, friends, and important co-workers. Everything else should be filtered into an another folder or category."
- Respond shorter, not faster: "The shorter the response, the less time you'll spend dealing with your inbox."
- You inbox is not a to-do list: "Don't leave emails in your inbox that are supposed to remind you to do something. They'll get lost as new emails flood into your inbox, and then you'll forget about them."
- Stop emailing from your phone: "What makes you think that you would be efficient with email on your phone?"
- Unsubscribe from everything: Most of those newsletters and notification emails you subscribe to are not essential.
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to email@example.com - thanks!