Ace Your Mid-Year Review (read it on forbes.com)
Why Read It? To prepare yourself so that you not only survive your mid-year review, but you come out on top!
- Put together a self-review in advance: Include all of your accomplishments from the past 6 months and tell your boss where you need more support.
- Spell out your goals for the rest of the year: Come in with an action plan!
- Speak plain English: Stay away from management-speak and use plain, clear language to describe your accomplishments.
"What have you done to increase revenues, to decrease expenses, to save time, to reinvent your department in light of the company's changing needs?"
Questions to Ask Prior to Your Mid-Year Review (read it on careerrealism.com)
Why Read It? By taking the time to prepare for a successful mid-year review, you will set yourself up for a strong second half of the year.
- What are all of the great things that I got done over the past six months? What goals did I achieve? What things am I most proud of accomplishing? Which of my goals did I really miss the mark on?
- What mistakes did I make? What mistakes could I have avoided? What mistakes provided me with the most significant development and learning opportunities?
- What areas of learning do I most need to focus on? What new skills do I need to develop? What skills do I need to strengthen? What things do I need to "keep current" on? What one skill, if mastered, would have the greatest impact on the achievement of my goals?
"Use this time to reflect back on the first six months of the year and make adjustments to your goals for the remainder of the year."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to email@example.com - thanks!