Learn Innovation from World Cup Athletes (read it on Bangkok Post)
Why Read It? Because in business, as in soccer, the innovative mindset of a creative genius breeds success.
- Learn to couple creativity with action: Having a great idea is a start. But unless you act and put in the hard work to implement that idea, it won't lead to innovation or success.
- Be willing to adjust: Charles Darwin's insight is as true in sport as it is in nature: "It is not the strongest ... that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."
"Today's business environment is as challenging as Brazil is for the World Cup teams. How can you cope with a fast-changing, complex and risky environment? Creatively adapt to changes in your industry and markets, so you survive by riding the waves of change."
10 Business Lessons From the World Cup (read it on IESE Insight)
Why Read It? To see how the World Cup can serve as a great reminder that teamwork and group pride are essentials for success.
- Ability to overcome adversity: Disappointing results are common in business, but you can overcome them, if you have passion.
- Faith in strategy: Businesses must accept that good strategies often take time to crystallize. Results don?t always come with the first try, and patience is vital in achieving long-term goals.
- Dream big and believe: "In order to develop a genuine dream for the company, there must be a shared mission that is bold and big on passion, yet grounded in reality."
"Soccer, by nature, requires teamwork. While big egos are common, long-term success is built on a strong team ethic."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org - thanks!
All images sourced from: http://www.freestockphotos.biz/