Taking a Vacation Can Make You Better at Your Job (read it on Fast Co)
Why Read It? Because life won't fall apart if you take a few days or weeks off...in fact, your work could actually improve!
- A Change in Perspective: A fresh perspectives can inspire new ideas or cause solutions to issues you've been struggling with to appear almost out of nowhere.
- Recharge Your Batteries: "82% of small business owners who took a vacation experienced an increase in job performance upon their return to work."
- Get Inspired: "I spent a couple of days completely alone in the countryside. I was looking at these incredible landscapes and walking across glaciers and I could feel my brain was processing things differently."
"We say we want more time off, but most of us don't use all of our vacation time...A 2014 Oxford Economics Assessment of Paid Time Off in the U.S. showed 42% of employees with paid time off finished the year with unused days, leaving an average of 8.1 days unused."
What Are the Benefits of Taking a Vacation? (read it on USAToday.com)
Why Read It? Because taking a vacation is beneficial, not only to workers, but to their companies and to the American economy as well.
- Health Benefits: Time away from work will allow the body to replenish and repair.
- Creativity and Innovation Benefits: Without the pressure of having to respond to each crisis that arises, you create the opportunity to consider alternative and innovative approaches.
- Economic and Productivity Benefits: "The research is clear, despite leaving vacation days unused, Americans believe in the restorative power of taking time off."
"One of the major reasons Americans leave vacation days unused is the fear of losing their jobs, according to CNN."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to email@example.com - thanks!
All images sourced from: http://www.freestockphotos.biz/