10 Tips to Land a Job Interview (read it on forbes.com)
Why Read It? Because companies spend time every year listening to their customers' needs and then they work on upgrading and improving their products. Why? So they can sell more of their products and services in the marketplace.
- Ask The Right Questions: Some good stock questions are: How would you describe the ideal candidate? How does this position fit into the company's long-term plans?
- Lighten Up: Let some of your personality and excitement show through. Otherwise, you risk coming off as indifferent.
- Sell Yourself, But Don't Brag: It's important to tout your accomplishments and achievements, but be careful of sounding cocky.
"Do internet research on the company, position and interviewer; read as many recent articles as you can find about the industry; and use your LinkedIn connections to talk directly to someone already working there about the culture and environment."
Top 10 Tips for Acing Your Next Job Interview (read it on lifehacker.com)
Why Read It? Because your job interview starts the second you walk in the door, so be ready!
- First, Get the Interview
- Prepare Ahead of Time
- Make a Good First Impression
- Tackle the Tough Questions
- Ask Some Questions Yourself
- Follow Up Afterwards
- If You Don't Get Hired, Find Out Why
"It's also important to know what to avoid. Even something as simple as negative body language can sabotage your chances, so make sure you aren't hurting yourself without knowing it. Research the subjects you should avoid and make sure you don't overshare, particularly when it comes to your personal life."
Be Seen, Be Heard
Would your company like to be featured on Malakye.com? Do you have a press release you'd like posted in our news section? Did you recently utilize our services with a new hire? We'd love to feature you on our site and in future newsletters. Please send all relevant information to email@example.com - thanks!