EVENT: IASC Announces Guest Speaker Lineup for Eighth Annual Skateboarding Summit
The International Assn. of Skateboard Companies (IASC) is thrilled to announce the exciting mix of business, marketing and skate programming professionals as part of its guest speaker lineup for the 2015 IASC Skateboarding Summit on May 13-15, as well as inductees for the 6th Annual Skateboarding Hall of Fame (SHOF) on May 14. Both the IASC Skateboarding Summit and SHOF will be held at the Westin South Coast Plaza Hotel in Costa Mesa, Calif. Registration is open now and Early Bird Discounts expire on April 10.
The 8th Annual IASC Summit, brought to you by Vans, will be focused on the global evolution of skateboarding business, as well as the evolution of IASC as the team enters their 21st year as skateboarding’s not-for-profit trade association.
For the past seven years, IASC has brought together industry leaders for the premiere educational and networking event in skateboarding. Experts from both within and outside the industry gather for a 3-day experience. The Summit gives business leaders, motivated employees and anyone interested in making the world a better place through skateboarding, new perspectives, insight and knowledge they need to grow their companies, further their careers, engage skateboarders and promote skateboarding in a meaningful way.
This year IASC is proud to host guest speakers:
- Thomas Barker, IASC Director of Research: Outlines IASC's new approach to research and shares the results of the IASC/TWS State of Skate Industry Survey. A look at where we are and where we're heading as an industry.
- Evolution of Skateboarding Business: From DTC to VC, the business of skateboarding is evolving at the pace of the internet. A look at business models and opportunities that will keep your business thriving.
- Digital Expert Roundtables: Roundtable discussions with digital strategy experts examine case studies and explore best practices in the areas that matter most to your business today including; digital strategy, social media, mobile planning, ecom, content monetization and more.
- Skateboarding and the 2020 Tokyo Olympics: Skateboarding appears to be on track to debut at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. Gary Ream, President of the International Skateboarding Federation, has been in the trenches for over a decade trying to make sure that skateboarding on the Olympic stage will be run by skateboarders.
Gary will give an overview of the International Skateboarding Federation, the world governing body of skateboarding and a recap of the past year's key events as skateboarding edges closer towards its appearance on the Olympic stage.
- Closing Keynote Speaker: TBA
The Skateboarding Hall of Fame and Icon Awards ceremony will be held at 7:45 p.m. on May 14. The award ceremony honors the skateboarders, industry pioneers, and cultural icons who have left a permanent imprint on the history of skateboarding and our culture. The 2015 inductees include: Brian Logan, Henry Hester, Duane Peters, Neil Blender, Chris Miller, John Cardiel, Robin Logan, Cara-Beth Burnside, Elissa Steamer.
The night will include a Happy Hour at 5 p.m., followed by a Vans-sponsored VIP meet-and-greet and dinner at 6 p.m., which will lead into the Awards Ceremony. All proceeds benefit the not-for-profit efforts of the Skateboarding Hall of Fame and the Go Skateboarding Foundation’s Just One Board initiative. All Summit attendees are guaranteed entrance to the Hall of Fame Awards ceremony, which sold out last year, with more than 400 attendees. Both the Skateboarding Hall of Fame and IASC Skateboarding Summit are open to the public through the registration links below.
Following the Summit, make sure to catch the Vans Pool Party Contest at the Vans Skatepark located seven miles from Summit on Saturday, May 16 from 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at 20 City Blvd W #2, Orange, CA 92868.
For information on registration for the 2015 IASC Summit, visit: http://bit.ly/2015-iasc-summit
*All attendees of the 2015 IASC Skateboarding Summit will receive a complimentary General Admission ticket to the Skateboarding Hall of Fame event. If you'd like a VIP admission, please purchase your ticket through the event website below.
For tickets to the Skateboarding Hall of Fame, please visit: https://2015-shof.eventbrite.com
For registration questions, please contact Jardine Hammond: email@example.com