Three Common Qualities of Inspiring Leaders by Leslie Juvin-Acker (read it on malakye.com)
Why Read It? Because you, too can possess great leadership skills.
- To inspire others, you have to have an open mind in order to learn and grow
- Empowering your team is important in order to create independence
- You may be great at what you do, but knowing your weaknesses has great value in leadership
"The truth is, most leaders are imperfect, average, have known more failures than successes, don't have a billion dollars in the bank, and are no-named nobodies to the vast majority of the world - but we can't live without their influence."
Leadership Is About Emotion (read it on forbes.com)
Why Read It? Because we see people who inspire us as leaders.
- It is important to remember that leadership is not about control, rather guidance and inspiration
- Leaders that approach every situation with kindness and respect succeed, every time
- Team work, collaboration, and being a partner with your subordinates are important to create buy in
"This ability to reach people in a way that transcends the intellectual and rational is the mark of a great leader."