The Forgotten Phase of the Job Hunt: Recovering After Job Loss by Leslie Juvin-Acker (read it on Malakye.com)
Why Read It? Because no matter the circumstance, getting let go from a job is never easy.
- To begin the job hunt after job loss, emotional preparation is equally as important as the job hunt itself
- Being connected and grounded to the process is the best way to set up for success
- Sometimes, taking a little "me" time is the best way to recover - be patient with the process
"Don't rush the recovery process because it's an essential part of the growth towards the next big thing."
10 Unconventional (But Very Effective) Tips for Job Seekers (read it on forbes.com)
Why Read It? Because everyone's path to employment is different.
- General advice is great, but in today's marketplace, standing out from other job seekers gets recruiter's attention
- Be proactive and reach out to the real decision makers of the company and always be nice to the "little guys"
- Slow down! Research everything before applying for the job
"When you ask any professional who has achieved some level of greatness how he or she got there, the journey is always unique, always varied, and rarely cookie-cutter."