EVENT: Snowboard on the Block Festival Back in Downtown Denver 9/12; Tickets on Sale Now
SNOWBOARDER and TransWorld SNOWboarding are pleased to announce the return of the third annual Snowboard on the Block Festival. On September 12th from noon to 9 pm, a section of Downtown Denver will once again transform into the back drop for Colorado’s largest snowboard season kickoff party featuring live music, snowboard film premieres, a pro rail jam and skate demos, an enormous gear sale and more.
Spread across two blocks at the intersection of 35th and Walnut Streets, this year promises a mix of awesome bands, including headlining acts Suicidal Tendencies and Talib Kweli and highly anticipated snowboarding film premieres. 2015 festival highlights include:
- Film premieres from the top production companies in snowboarding including SNOWBOARDER, Absinthe Films, Videograss, Déjà Vu, Transworld Snowboarding, Think Thank and more;
- Musical performances from 15 acts on three outdoor stages (complete list at blockfestival.com);
- Pro rail jam on 25 tons of man-made snow (participating pros TBA);
- Massive gear sale with discounts up to 75 percent;
- Skate demo in the center of the festival;
- Product giveaways all day long; and,
- Food and drinks from many local vendors (21+ to drink).
“This fall, with help from our new event partners SNOWBOARDER and TransWorld SNOWboarding Magazines, we’re taking the Snowboard on the Block Festival to a whole new level,” said Adam Schmidt, Director of Event Experience, Sports & Entertainment, TEN: The Enthusiast Network. “We stepped it up with an expanded and more diverse musical lineup and have confirmed some awesome new films to debut including the world premiere of The SNOWBOARDER Movie: SFD.
Pre-sale tickets are available online now for $25 (general) and $50 (VIP) at TicketFly.
Tent space and sponsorship opportunities are available to anyone who would like to be part of the festival.